Alternative to Second Year of the HND or Degree programme, the Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and care capabilities within the health and social care sector. The outcome of the course, which is a recognised UK Qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations globally.
This course can be used as evidence of continuing professional development (CPD), in a CPD audit by a professional institute or regulator.
Assessment is through practical assignments, with no exams - to more accurately reflect the real working environment.
Ofqual RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) qualification number for Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care is 601/5442/1.
The course provide the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in health and social care by
seeking a greater knowledge and understanding industry, and to support the individual’s development
into senior positions. The course aims for the following five themes of an academic plan:
1) Pursuing excellence - apply self-reflective, analytical, evaluative, intellectual, and transferable skills in private and public sectors.
2) Practice-led, knowledge-applied - enable learners to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills required of a flexible creative practitioner.
3) Interdisciplinary - develop a learner who is responsive to the changing interdisciplinary landscape, able to adapt to changing needs, paraprofessional roles and inter-professional working.
4) Employability-driven - to provide individuals with the knowledges, skills and behaviours necessary to forge a career within the health and social care sector, through the acquisition of in-depth knowledge and understanding.
5) Internationalisation - develop an understanding of the impact of diverse and cultural issues within health and social care.
The Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care provides its learner the realistic and appropriate career related opportunities worldwide for 21st century employment markets.
The CQC considers multiple factors requirements for undertaking a manager position, such as: good character, able to perform tasks, qualifications, competence, skills and experience. This qualification (nvq/rqf level 5) may be used as CQC requirement for undertaking a manager position.
Learners completing the Qualifi Level 4&5
Diploma in Health and Social Care will allow progress to:
1) The final year of an undergraduate degree; or
2) Directly into employment in an associated profession.
The Qualifi Level 4&5 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification leads learners to enter the University at final year of a University degree (e.g. final year of BSc Hons Management and Leadership in Health and Social Care degree awarded by Anglia Ruskin University UK, final year of BSc Hons Health and Social Care degree awarded by Birmingham City University UK).
For progression opportunities into universities, click here.
The minimum age to register for this programme is 18. Prospective students should note that the following entrance qualifications are required for those wishing to undertake this programme:
Level 4 qualification (or equivalent) or
Mature applicant with GCSE (or equivalent) and work experience and
IELTS 4.0 or CEFR level B1 (if applicable)
Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care (120 credits) consists of:
|Unit||Unit Level||Unit Credit|
|Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care||5||20|
|The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care||5||20|
|Partnership working in Health and Social Care||5||20|
|Working with Service users with Complex Needs||5||20|
Distance Learning: Rolling Intake
£1300 (Distance Learning)
Intention to Study: £100
Awarding Body: Qualifi Ltd: £280
Full Payment: £100 + £1320
Instalment Payment: £100 + £154/mo for 9 Months