Alternative to Second Year of the HND or Degree programme, the Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology qualification is that it provides a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles in the IT industry, notably in .NET programming, system administration and network security. Learners will also learn about entrepreneurship in a techno environment.
Assessment is through practical assignments, with no exams - to more accurately reflect the real working environment.
Ofqual RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) qualification number for Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology is 603/4791/0.
The qualification provide the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in IT by seeking a greater
knowledge and understanding of the industry, and to support the individual’s development into
technical positions. Overall aims include:
1) Apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments.
2) To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the IT world.
3) Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and IT industry.
4) A qualification that enables students to gain credit towards degree programme.
5) A qualification that enables students to develop the academic standards required for study at a higher level.
6) To develop the learner’s ability to recognise and reflect on the process of personal learning and development, which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills.
The Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology provides its learner the realistic and appropriate career related opportunities worldwide for 21st century employment markets.
Learners completing the Qualifi Level 4&5 Diploma in Information Technology will allow progress to:
1) The final year of an undergraduate degree; or
2) Directly into employment in an associated profession.
The Qualifi Level 4&5 Diploma in Information Technology qualification leads learners to enter the University at final year of a University degree.
For progression opportunities into universities, click here.
The minimum age to register for this programme is 18. Prospective students should note that the following entrance qualifications are required for those wishing to undertake this programme:
Level 4 qualification (or equivalent) or
Mature applicant with GCSE (or equivalent) and work experience and
IELTS 4.0 or CEFR level B1 (if applicable)
Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology (120 credits) consists of:
|Unit||Unit Level||Unit Credit|
|Network Design and Administration||5||20|
Distance Learning: Rolling Intake
£1600 (Distance Learning)
Intention to Study: £100
Awarding Body: Qualifi Ltd via EBMA (satellite centre)
Awarding Body Fees: Included in the Course Fees
Full Payment: £100 + £1280
Instalment Payment: £100 + £152/mo for 9 Months