Alternative to HND Year 2 (120 credits) or Second Year of the Degree programme, the Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security qualification is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security and risk management sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK Qualification, is for learners to develop the cyber security skills required by organisations globally.
Assessment is through practical assignments, with no exams - to more accurately reflect the real working environment.
Ofqual RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) qualification number for Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security is 603/4791/0.
This Level 5 Diploma provides the opportunity for individuals to develop a more advanced career in a
specific area of business or public organisations by developing analytical knowledge and deeper
understandings of several core cyber security operational domains. The course will also provide core
information security technical and generic management and leadership teaching. Much of this
teaching will be directly relevant to learners moving forward into Information Security Management
technical qualifications at the higher-end of the industry market, including the CompTIA Security +
accreditation and the cyber security industry gold standard: The Certified Information Systems
Security Professional (CISSP). This course’s core aims are:
1) To equip individuals with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in information-security-related employment.
2) To enable progression into a university approved Level 6 Degree award.
3) To provide specialist study relevant to individual vocations and environments in which learners are currently working, or to which learners are aiming to work within business and public service sectors.
4) To develop learners’ ability to contribute positively to good and ethical practice in technology and risk management environments, through effectively utilising the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills gained.
5) To develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enabling learners to make a positive contribution to their employment and therefore enhance their prospects for promotion and remunerative advancement.
The Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security provides its learner the realistic and appropriate career related opportunities worldwide for 21st century employment markets.
Learners completing the Qualifi Level 4&5 Diploma in Cyber Security will allow progress to:
1) The final year of an undergraduate degree; or
2) Directly into employment in an associated profession.
The Qualifi Level 4&5 Diploma in Cyber Security qualification leads learners to enter the University at final year of a University degree (e.g. final year of BSc Hons in Cyber Security degree awarded by Anglia Ruskin University UK).
For progression opportunities into universities, click here.
The minimum age to register for this programme is 18. Prospective students should note that the following entrance qualifications are required for those wishing to undertake this programme:
Level 4 qualification (or equivalent) or
Mature applicant with GCSE (or equivalent) and work experience and
IELTS 4.0 or CEFR level B1 (if applicable)
Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security (120 credits) consists of:
|Unit||Unit Level||Unit Credit|
|Digital Investigations and Forensics||5||30|
|Communications and Incident Management||5||30|
Distance Learning: Rolling Intake
£1300 (Distance Learning)
Intention to Study: £100
Awarding Body: Qualifi Ltd: £280
Full Payment: £100 + £1320
Instalment Payment: £100 + £154/mo for 9 Months