Alternative to HNC or First Year of the Degree programme, the Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security qualification is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security and risk management sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK qualification, is for learners to develop the cyber security skills required by organisations globally. In doing so, the qualification looks to develop the cyber security team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for that industry.
Assessment is through practical assignments, with no exams - to more accurately reflect the real working environment.
Ofqual RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) qualification number for Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security is 603/3331/5.
This Level 4 programme provides the opportunity for individuals to develop a more advanced career
in a specific area of business or public organisations by developing analytical knowledge and deeper
understandings of several core cyber security operational domains. The course will also provide
useful generic management and leadership teaching at key points in order to help learners to build
essential support from within the business for their cyber security work including (but not limited
to): project management, risk management and business case writing skills. The Qualifi Level 4
Diploma in Cyber Security aims to give learners the opportunity to:
1) Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in cyber-securityrelated employment.
2) Progress into Level 5 learning within Cyber Security domains.
3) Carry out specialist study relevant to individual vocations and environments in which learners are currently working, or to which learners are aiming to work within business and public service sectors.
4) Develop their ability to contribute positively to good practice in business technology and risk management environments through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in the qualification.
5) Develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enabling learners to make an immediate and positive contribution to their employment.
The Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security provides its learner the realistic and appropriate career related opportunities worldwide for 21st century employment markets.
Learners completing the Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security will allow progress to:
1) The Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security; or
2) The Second year of undergraduate study in cyber security; or
3) Directly into employment in an associated profession.
The Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security qualification leads learners to enter the University at year 2 of a University degree.
For progression opportunities into universities, click here.
The minimum age to register for this programme is 18. Prospective students should note that the following entrance qualifications are required for those wishing to undertake this programme:
A level (or equivalent) or
Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) or
Mature applicant with GCSE (or equivalent) and work experience and
IELTS 4.0 or CEFR level B1 (if applicable)
Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security (120 credits) consists of:
|Unit||Unit Level||Unit Credit|
|Cyber Security Threat and Risk||4||20|
|Network Security and Data Communications||4||20|
|Database Security and Computer Programming||4||20|
|Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics||4||20|
|Security Strategy: Laws, Policies and Implementation||4||20|
|Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and Finance||4||20|
Distance Learning: Rolling Intake
£1300 (Distance Learning)
Intention to Study: £100
Awarding Body- Qualifi Ltd: £240
Full Payment: £100 + £1280
Instalment Payment: £100 + £150/mo for 9 Months